Gurkha Service 1 Kukri With Wooden Stand: Among all the Kukris; Service 1 is the most famous as it is currently issued Gurkha Kukri Knives. The Gurkhas & Nepal Army carries it throughout their military career. They keep it as their valuable procession all of their life. This is Standard Issue Kukri as they have few other military kukris issued in special occasion or during training. 10.25” blade is made of Highly Graded Carbon (5160 Steel, Car spring) with balanced water temper on the edge therefore it’s very strong & sharp edge. 5.1/4” handle is made of Water Buffalo horn (highly polished). It is about 3/8” thick (at the spine). Overall length is about 15.1/2”. The Sheath is made out of cotton; covered in buffalo hide, has double frogs loops for the belt. It is 100% Authentic; therefore if you are looking for the genuine Kukri you will not be disappointed. Two Accessory Knives: The Karda; which has a sharp edge is used of skinning animal hairs & other one is called Chakmak (blunt) is used for sharpening blade. Specification of Service 1 Kukri: —-This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement Blade —–Blade Size & Type: 10.1/4”OR 26.03cm, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Highly Polished. Blade Thickness: 3/8” Or 0.95mm at the spine(Approx)… Handle size: 5.1/4” Or 13.33 cm, Rat-Tail tang, made of buffalo horn Overall Length: 15.1/2” or 39.37cm from tip to pommel. (Aprox).– Sheath: Cotton Covered in Buffalo hide. Blade Weight: 16.5 oz or 470g -510 grams. Overall Weight: 1.55 – 1.65 lbs or 675 – 720 grams…—- Origin: Local Artisans in Eastern Nepal. —- Blade Hardness: spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 usually use from Car or truck spring
Gurkha Authentic Hand Forged Hammered 10″ Blade Service 1 Kukri Knife With Wooden Stand Service Kukri Knife Rat Tail Tang Highly Polished Blade Comes Leather Sheath and 2 Small Knives – Handmade In Nepal
About this item:-
- Gurkha Authentic Hand-Hammered Service 1 Kukri With Wooden Stand Imported from Nepal Local Cast “Biswakarma” who Have been Involved Since Generations to Generations in this manufacturing Skills at rural areas in Nepal.
- Made of Highly Graded Carbon Steel 5160 (Car or Truck Spring), this is the outdoor or jungle knife for bone chopping and good for camping. It weighs about 1.8 lbs with sheath & two small utility knives.
- Gurkha Kukri Hand-Hammered and Handcrafted by the famous & very skilled Local Artisans using High Quality Carbon Steel.
- Sharp Blade is Highly polished, Sharp edge, Rat Tail Tang, Great for Heavy duty outdoor work.
- Blade Hardness: spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 usually use from Car or truck spring