1 Packet, 2 Packets, 3 Packets
Snow Hill Yak Cheese Dog Chew is 100 % Natural, authentic recipe and truly an artisan cheese. Our chews are made from yak and local cow milk who depends on grasses, leaves, fodder and forage that grow in natural pasture and vegetation of higher altitude above 15,000 feet in the Himalayan region. Snow Hill Dog Chew is created by the Himalayan artisan people using the centuries old traditional methods, utensils and tools. The year was 2003 when an anonymous lady from the U.S. made the long trek to Nepal (not on foot) and stayed for 3 years. Walking one day, the lady offered a small piece of Churrpi (hardened cheese) to a stray puppy. It was then she discovered that Chhurpi can be used as a potential pet food!
Snow Hill Dog Chew is a very hard chew. Although cheese, it is sometimes popularly referred to as Concrete, Glass, Wood and Metal. Depending on the size and eating habits of the dog, this is a very long-lasting dog chew. Dogs must work the end of the treat for hours, softening it with their mouths before small parts of it can be slowly scraped off.
Snow Hill Dog Chew is 100% natural with no preservatives. It is an authentic type of cheese eaten by the people of the Himalayas. When you give this chew to your dog, you know that you are providing them with hours of high quality eating entertainment.
Yak/Cow Milk, Lime Juice and Salt
Crude Protein (Min) 53.9%
Crude Fat (Min) 0.9%
Crude Fiber (Max) 0.0%
Moisture (Max) 10.1%
Ash Max 4%
- Finger Nuggets Especially Best for Small Pups & Seniors Dogs – Inside the Package are slider than Pointy Finger 14 -16 Pieces of Snow Hill Yak Milk Hard Cheese of Dog Chew Version Small Pieces of Finger Nuggets.Only milk containing Min 64 to 67% of protein, Max 13 to 15 % of carbohydrates, Crude Fat Min 0.9%, Moisture Max 9.5 to 10.5 % to prepare Snow Hill Dog Chew, and testing for all these nutrients.
- Snow Hill Yak Milk Dog Chews Finger Nuggets contains only 100% Natural ingredients, milk from Yaks/cows, salt and lime juice
- Yak Milk Hard Chews made from the pure milk of yaks/cows living and grazing in high-altitude pastures of Nepal.
- No lactose, gluten, grain (no including corn, soy or wheat) or binding agents. No artificial colors, preservatives, flavors, chemicals, additives or rawhide.
Shelf life of the products from Snow Hill Dog Chew is not fixed, and it does not have any expiration dates. However, we are incessant on conducting research regarding the storage period and quality deterioration of the product.
- Avoid feeding your puppies with hard and large dog chew.
- If you notice your dog finding it harder to chew or gnaw, soak the chew in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes, and then let it cool for the same period of time in the normal room temperature.
- When a small piece of Snow Hill Dog Chew is leftover, it can be placed in a microwave for 40 seconds or until it puffs up and can be given back to your dog after it cools down for at least 2 minutes
- 2-3 pieces of Snow Hill Dog Chews during a one week period and after feeding always provide adequate fresh drinking water.
- If you noticed fibrous white or green or blue spots, Choking, hazardous the chew, stop feeding the dog with it. Please Discard Immediately.
Believing in quality, we transport products from quality approved dairy cooperative from eastern parts of Nepal, follow optimal standards and undertake series of quality testing procedures.
- Milk is boiled for 4 to 5 hours which is then poured into a hand-cranked centrifuge device and employ traditional methods to remove all the fat. The fat is then further boiled to prepare ghee, a type of local butter, and is sold as a separate commodity.
- The milk is let to cool down, and is then treated with 10 ml of lime juice and 10 mg salt in about 100 gallons of milk. The mild acid coagulates the milk, and the salt triggers the process. The solids are then separated using a burlap sack, which is washed for several times in warm water to remove whey, salt and lime juice.
- The cheese is then wrapped with burlap sack, and depending on the humidity and temperature of the room, it is pressed for 2 to 3 days, after which, soft cheese forms. The soft cheese are then placed over a fire, smoke of which ferments it. Finally the soft cheese is then chopped into sizes, and cooked under the sun and smoke for about 2 to 3 months.
These chews are collected from the farmers and transported into our warehouse, which are sorted for quality. Out of the total, only 10 to 15 percentage of hard cheese are selected for the production of Snow Hill Dog Chew, and the remaining cheese are either sold for human consumption or used for other purposes.
The chews are further cleaned using buffing machines and lime juice, chopped into sizes which are packaged and sold out all over the world.
Small farmers who milk yaks and cows, process them to prepare cheese, and cook them under the sun and smoke to make Churpis contributes to 25% of total processing of Snow Hill Dog chew.
After the production of hard cheese, they are transported to our Quality Inspection Warehouse in Kathmandu, where experts at Quality Inspecting Unit undertake various quality check mechanism, along with cleaning and sorting, contributing to 15% of the production of Snow Hill Dog Chew.
The remaining 60% of the production is undertaken at our facility in USA, where the hard cheese are resorted, dehydrated, cut, packaged and shipped.
Protein and Amino Acid:
Dog cannot survive on diets with protein deficiency. Our products contain more than 50% protein that has well-balanced percentage of amino acids essential for dogs.
Fats and Fatty Acid:
According to the rule of thumb, higher the fat content, lower the lactose content. Majority of dogs can tolerate any treat that contain less and 2% of lactose. In our products, fat content varies from minimum of 0.7% to maximum of 0.9% i.e. fat content is below 1 percentage.
Dogs require balanced percentage of nutrition to stay energetic enough to perform their normal and periodic routines, including playing, growing, exercising and mothering. Generally measured in terms of calories, energy comes from three major components i.e. carbohydrates, protein and fat. In our products, carbohydrate content is 30 to 32 percentage.
a. Lactometer Test:
Lactometer testing is done at all counterpart dairies before accepting the milk from the farmers to confirm the quality of the milk. Lactometer testing is done to measure the density of milk, and inspect the concentration of water added to it.
At 15 degree Celsius, normal density of milk ranges from 1.028 to 1.033 g/ml, whereas, density of water is 1.0 g/ml. The lactometer testing helps in inspecting the concentration of water in the milk. If the test records higher concentration of water, the Quality Inspector rejects purchasing the milk.
Moisture testing is undertaken with the use of Wagner Moisture Meters before transporting it to Kathmandu-based station. Quality Inspectors accept the product having the moisture of 10 to 11 %.
c. Fat Testing:
Fat testing is an integral part of our quality test. Trained staffs of dairy collection center conduct the fat testing, and accept milk that contains 0.7% to 1.0% of fat because consumption of cheese containing higher percentage of fat results in vomiting and diarrhea among dogs.
d. Nutrient Testing:
Only milk containing 51 to 54% of protein, 30 to 32 % of carbohydrates and 5.5 to 6% of ash food is selected to prepare Snow Hill Dog Chew, and testing for all these nutrients are undertaken at Department of Food Technology And Quality Control, Kathmandu.
e. Texture Testing:
After the final cleaning and shaping of the final products, they are tested for texture match, a mandatory testing phase set by our Quality Assurance Department. The finished product is wrapped with jute stripe to give smooth texture to the product.